Willow Creek Horseback Rides in Jackson Hole, Wyoming is looking for full-time Wranglers/Trail Riding Guides to join our team for the 2021 season (Memorial Weekend through Labor Day Weekend).
If you love working with horses, enjoy meeting new people, and have a strong work ethic, this job may be just what you need to fill next summer with the most memorable and rewarding work experience you’ve ever had!
*IMPORTANT: While this job is centered around providing each guest with a safe and amazing horseback riding experience, caring for our 40+ horses is an expectation that we have for the entire team. You must be willing and able to work on various tasks as needed, including but not limited to feeding, grooming, tacking, mucking and anything else that need be done to ensure the integrity of the horses and stables. Pitching in and getting things done with a positive attitude and a smile will likely get you invited back to join the team every year!
Additional Job Details and Skill Requirements:
- The typical work week includes 40 hours per Wrangler, scheduled between the hours of 7 AM and 5 PM, Monday through Saturday. Mutual flexibility on scheduling is expected of all team members
- Accommodations are provided (salary to be discussed privately)
- Be prepared to work outside in all types of weather – sun, rain, snow, heat and cold
- Be committed to communicating and cooperating with the entire team to help maintain a happy atmosphere for all
- You will be expected to catch, groom, prepare, bridle and saddle up horses, and assist with guest mounting and dismounting for each ride.
- It is imperative that you lead trail rides with a focus on ensuring guest safety at all times while providing an amazing experience. You will be expected to interact with guests before, during and after each ride, providing basic tips on safe and correct horsemanship throughout. The better they feel at the end of the ride, the larger your tip will likely be!